There are some moments when you have those afternoon slumps where you know you need to get more work done, maybe aiming to fit in another yoga class, or simply fight off the awkward too late to nap time of day. This matcha mint lemonade fits the bill. Not too sweet, tart, or herbaceous. The acidity of the lemon balances the earthiness of the matcha, combined with revitalizing mint to wake up your senses- accented with a hint of stevia. The combination of these simple ingredients is more than just the refreshing taste of guilt-free lemonade- matcha packs a serious antioxidant punch, lemon is alkalizing to the body, and mint promotes digestion. Here are a few other perks:
- Contains ECEg, a metablosim booster & powerful antioxidant,
- L-Theanine, a stress reducing amino acid
- Chlorophyll, detoxifies the body
- Also has fiber
- High in vitamin C, vitamin B + phosphorus
- Flavenoids- powerful antioxidants that prevent infections
- Balances the pH levels in the body with alkalizing properties
- Cleanses the blood
- Eliminates toxins from the body
- Aids digestion
Matcha Mint Lemonade:
- 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder, preferably organic
- 10 mint leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 24 oz purified water
- 1 tbsp powdered stevia, more or less to taste
- 2 ice cubes
In a blender, combine half the water, fresh lemon juice and mint leaves. Run on high until mint is finely chopped.
Add matcha, stevia, the rest of the water + ice cubes. Run again on high until smooth and frothy. Sip and enjoy.
Makes a lot for 1 and enough for 2, depends on your mood.